Meggitt Training Systems will conduct demonstrations of its industry-leading simulators and trainers, plus display live-fire solutions, during CANSEC 2018 at Ottawa’s EY Centre on May 30-31. The range-topping FATS®100MIL delivers a significant expansion in virtual small-arms training capability, complemented by the FATS 100P when ease of transport is paramount. Other products on display include Meggitt’s Armored Fighting Vehicle Trainers, Multi-Function Stationary Infantry Target and GranTrap™ bullet trap model.
“The Canadian debut of the portable FATS 100P, along with other solutions on display, reinforces our unique ability to design, deliver and support both virtual and live-fire products,” said Ed Duckless, president of Meggitt Training Systems Quebec. “Visitors to Meggitt’s CANSEC booth this year will see a broad range of solutions to enable the continued readiness of Canadian Armed Forces and its allies.”
Meggitt products to be highlighted at CANSEC 2018 include:
- The FATS 100MIL is a major expansion in weapons training capability, introducing revolutionary features such as advanced game engine 3-D marksmanship, enhanced diagnostics with intelligent automatic coaching and VBS3-based collective training. In addition, the FATS 100MIL allows assignment of Meggitt’s patented wireless BlueFire®weapons to each trainee.
- The FATS 100P features advanced functionality for both instructor and trainee, delivering weapon handling and shot placement analytics, marksmanship automatic coaching tools, video-based judgmental training for escalation and de-escalation, and enhanced graphic capabilities, all in a compact package. Portable and light, the FATS 100P comes in two rugged hand-carry cases the size of a large range bag that allow easy transportation, set-up and operation by one person. Up to six weapon simulators, including wireless BlueFire ones, can be run simultaneously.
- The Armored Fighting Vehicle Trainers support both individual collective levels of gunnery and tactical training, enabling soldiers the opportunity to practice scenarios they normally face in combat situations. A wide array of tailored training options allows users to maximize resources and optimize combat readiness. These include remote weapon trainer, driver station trainer, embedded trainer and anti-tank guided missile trainer.
- The Multi-Function Stationary Infantry Target offers a fixed target head configuration that can respond to hits, automatic triggers activated by soldier movements, or a pre-programmed scenario, ensuring trainees do not anticipate target actions. This provides a realistic environment for urban operations and specialized training. The system is operated through radio frequency, hardwire or Ethernet controls that enable great flexibility in range design and usage.
- The GranTrap granulated rubber bullet trap utilizes soft media to stop incoming rounds and capture them predominantly intact. This minimizes airborne lead dust, averts back-splatter and ricochet, and minimizes impact noise. The result is a cleaner and safer environment for shooting ranges, maximizing bullet recovery and recycling processes.