August 23, 2019 – The world’s largest maritime military exercise, Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC), is holding a competition to find a logo for its 2020 session. This is an exciting opportunity for any artist, designer or creative person who would like to see their work featured as the exercise’s official branding for stationary, press releases, websites, social media, coins, shirts, hats, and more. The winner will also be officially recognized by the Commander of the U.S. Third Fleet.
Held every two years since 1971, RIMPAC brings an international collection of maritime, land, and air units to the Hawaiian Islands to conduct a variety of joint exercises that address a number of scenarios such as: disaster relief, maritime security operations, sea control, and complex warfighting. Last year, 25,000 personnel from 25 countries, 46 ships, five submarines, 17 land forces, and more than 200 aircraft participated. The next exercise will take place in June and July 2020. The theme of RIMPAC is three words: ‘Capable, Adaptive, Partners’. Logo submissions should incorporate these themes.
Logo submissions should:
- be rasterized in .jpg file format with a resolution of at least 300 dpi (the winning design will require an unlocked and editable vector file),
- be of a quality capable of reproduction on a coin or embossed on stationary and folders, etc.,
- embrace the theme ‘Capable, Adaptive, Partners’,
- be marked public domain and not copyrighted,
- not include nation flags,
- consider and take inspiration from the fact that: RIMPAC 2020 is the 27th iteration of the exercise, it’s the world’s largest naval exercise, and members of all services and navy communities will participate (this is not strictly a surface, submarine, aviation, etc., exercise), and
- be creative! (Previous logos can be used as inspiration but designs of any shape are welcome as long as they follow the above criteria.)
This competition is open to all Defence Team members. The deadline to submit is November 1, 2019. Submit files or any questions directly to the United States Navy’s Commander of the Third Fleet Public Affairs office at email@example.com. For phone inquiries, call Third Fleet Public Affairs at 619-767-4382.